Charapita Pork Tacos
We are debuting our new, upcoming sauce, Aji Charapita with this beautiful recipe for Charapita pork tacos with grilled pineapple pico.
- 1 Pork Shoulder
- 1/2 Cup Aji Charapita
- 3 Bunches of Cilantro (reserve 1 for pico and garnish)
- 2 jalapeños, tops removed
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 Cup Orange Juice
- 1/2 Cup Pineapple Juice
- 1/4 Cup Lime Juice
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- 1 Pineapple
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, Finely Diced
- Limes for Juicing
- Season pork with Salt and Pepper or your favorite seasoning rub.
- Smoke Pork at 275 degree grill. After about 4 hours, or when you are approaching the 180 degree internal temperature mark, remove from grill.
- Place pork in a aluminum foil pan or a roasting pan big enough.
- Blend 2 bunches Cilantro, jalapeños, garlic, orange juice, pineapple juice, lime juice, salt/pepper, honey in a blender until smooth.
-Pour your blended liquid into the roasting pan, and cover with aluminum foil, place back on the smoker until the pork reached internal temp of 205, or fork tender. Let rest for 30-45 minutes.
- Cut pineapple into large chunks and grill until charred.
- Dice grilled pineapple, yellow onion, cilantro, and mix with salt and lime juice to taste.
- Shred your pork and add Aji Charapita at the end. Mix to combine.
- Serve plated on tortillas with the pineapple pico, some cilantro leaves and lime wedges.