Spicy ROCOTO Cinnamon Rolls
ROCOTO and it's subtle hint of cinnamon is the perfect edition to this delicious breakfast dish. You can make your own dough or buy the dough and roll it out yourself. Either way, you won't be disappointed with these spicy ROCOTO Cinnamon Rolls!
Serves: ~8 People.
Time Needed: 3 Hours.
- 3/4 Cup Warm Whole Milk
- 2 & 1/4 tsp Active Yeast
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg + 1 Yolk
- 1/4 Cup Melted Butter
- 3 Cups Bread Flour
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 2/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp ROCOTO
1/4 Cup Butter, softened
- 4oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 3 Tbl Butter, softened
- 3/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 tsp ROCOTO
1. Add Active Yeast to your warm whole milk, let sit for 20 minutes.
2. In a large bowl mix together dry ingredients.
3. Add Yolk, egg and butter to milk-yeast mixture, and combine.
4. Slowly add dry ingredients to the wet mixture, mix until a ball is formed and is a sticky texture.
5. Cut the ball into thirds, form into three separate dough balls. Let sit in a bowl with a warm, damp towel covering the bowl for one hour.
1. Now that you have either made your own dough and let it sit for an hour, or you got some bake-and-serve sweet dough from the frozen section at the grocery store and let it sit out, you are ready to assemble your cinnamon rolls.
2. Mix together all ingredients from the filling recipe above.
3. Take each ball of dough and roll out into long, rectangular pieces.
4. Liberally spread your filling mixture on the top of your rectangular shaped dough.
5. Once covered with the mixture, tightly roll from one end to the other.
6. With the seam side down, slice cinnamon rolls into 1.5-2 inch pieces, place in a pan with plenty of room for more proofing.
7. Let proof for at least one hour.
8. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15-25 minutes, until golden brown on top.
9. Whisk together your frosting ingredients until smooth and spread over the top of your hot cinnamon rolls.