Spicy Tomato Pasta Sauce
This sauce is very simple to make. It's light, bright and fresh. We tossed homemade goat cheese ravioli in this sauce, but it's so good, you can even serve it as a tomato soup!
- 1/2 Vidalia Onion, finely diced.
- 4 Tbl Olive Oil
- (1) 28oz Can San Marzano Tomatoes, whole peeled.
- 4 Tbl IT SAUCE Criolla-Honey
- 1 Tbl Red Chili Flake
- 2oz Heavy Cream
- 2 Fresh Bay Leaves
- 2 Tbl of Fresh Basil, chopped
- 2 Tbl Sherry Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Lightly sweat vidalia onion in 2 Tbl of olive oil, until translucent, in a sauce pot.
2. Add Tomatoes, Criolla-Honey, Chili Flake, Sherry Vinegar and Bay Leaves, simmer for 20-30 minutes over low heat.
3. Add Cream and Chopped Basil.
4. Season with Salt and Pepper.
5. Use an immersion blender or vitamin style blender to combine all ingredients, finish blending with remaining 2 Tbl of Olive Oil.
6. Serve with your favorite pasta or vegetables.