Watermelon BLT Crostini
The addition of watermelon to this appetizer combined with the acidity and sweetness of the preserve provides a perfect harmony of flavors. An easy appetizer to prepare right before a party that will steal the show!
- 1 Lb Bacon, cut into lardons and cooked crispy.
- 1 Baguette, sliced on a bias
- 1 Cup Watermelon, diced.
- 2 Cups Arugula
- 1 Cup Basil, Fine Chiffonade
- 1 Jar of Tomato Preserve from IT SAUCE's Summer Box
- 1 Cup Mayo
- 2 Tbl Dijon Mustard
- Balsamic Reduction for garnish
1. Grill your sliced baguette on both side to desired darkness.
2. Mix Mayo and Mustard in a bowl.
3. Assemble: Top Crostini with Mayo/Mustard Mixture, add a spoonful of tomato jam, sprinkle on some diced watermelon, top with crispy bacon.
4. Garnish with balsamic reduction and sliced basil.
5. Serve and enjoy!